• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

blue_dolphin

Smart Speakers in the Kitchen

8 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

With regard to Alexa setting a timer:  is there any way to control how long she makes the timer completion sound (without having to ask her explicitly to stop)?

No, not that I've found.

2 hours ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

No, not that I've found.

I'd call amazon and ask, but so far I've not spoken with a tech support person who has ever seen an Echo -- or so it would appear.

At least all the tech support scripts are on their computers now, so we no longer have to listen to the discouraging sound of them frantically flipping binder pages. It always irritates me to *have* to have two low-level staffers walk me through all the troubleshooting steps I'd already done before kicking me upstairs to a third-level tech who actually knows stuff. It still makes me fume, but the lack of binder-flipping is progress of a sort. 

• Like 1