• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

Major Disclaimers: I haven't used this product, and it doesn't exist yet, but I wrote some advertising copy for it and so know a bit about it.

JBL is introducing a smart speaker later this summer that's covered in splash-proof, easy to clean materials, specifically with the idea that people will use it in the kitchen. It also has a color touch screen, so you can interact with it that way. It uses Google Assistant.

Unrelatedly, many reviews suggest that the Apple Home Pod, while currently the dumbest of the smart speakers (Hey Siri: get with it!) is by far the best sounding of all of them. So if you want more speaker and less smart, and you're already in the Apple ecosystem, it's the easy choice.

paulraphael

paulraphael

Major Disclaimers: I haven't used this product, and it doesn't exist yet, but I wrote some advertising copy for it and so know a bit about it.

JBL is introducing a smart speaker later this summer that's made from splach-proof, easy to clean materials, specifically with the idea that people will use it in the kitchen. It also has a color touch screen, so you can interact with it that way. It uses Google Assistant.

Unrelatedly, many reviews suggest that the Apple Home Pod, while currently the dumbest of the smart speakers (Hey Siri: get with it!) is by far the best sounding of all of them. So if you want more speaker and less smart, and you're already in the Apple ecosystem, that's the easy choice.