• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cocktail name/recipe matching service

EvergreenDan

I'd suggest a variation of Orange Blossom which is 3 part Hamilton 86, 1 part Hamilton Pimento Dram stir and fill the glass with fresh orange juice, garnish with mint. 

For something as audacious as Bombogenesis I'll substitute some Hamilton 151 for some of the Hamilton 86, depending on the severity of the occasion in your locale.

• Like 1

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Well, a bombe is a spherical dessert, so I think the serving instructions need to include a big ice sphere.

Continuing the dessert theme, how about something like a Baked Alaska - gin/yellow Chartreuse/orange bitters, with an egg white foam on top (blasted briefly with a blowtorch, if you really want to have fun)?

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory