• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Head chef resigns over ‘spiking’ vegan meal comments

liuzhou

"A previous statement said that Goodman had spent “a lot of time” designing a special vegan menu for the party only for one of them to order a pizza topped with mozzarella cheese. However, Gale later admitted that some in the party were vegetarian rather than vegan. "

If she was just expressing annoyance at doing all that extra work just to have them order cheese, and did not actually hide any ingredients, then it's too bad it ended up this way.  

But yeah, be careful what you say on Facebook!  I was interested in a local bakery that is for sale and was looking for their website, instead found their FB page with some bitterness about how hard it is to run a business here ... I'm sure it's true, and it doesn't exactly make me want to buy their business!

• Like 1