• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

You Are What You Eat

liuzhou

I wasn't sure where to put this, but wanted to share it. At first I thought of the Food Funnies topic, but it wasn't funny for the woman involved. So here it is with  a topic to itself, unless someone else can think of somewhere it fits better. Watch what you swallow!

Crohn's disease patient in fact had Heinz sauce sachet perforating intestine.

• Like 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Guessing the package wasn’t biodegradable. 

• Haha 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I do have a food funny involving one of those ketchup packets. When my youngest daughter was a freshman, some of the older guys at her high school found it amusing to put a pinhole in the packets and then "shoot" ketchup at someone. When it was my kid's turn to be the victim, she reacted quickly and decisively -- whirled around, landed a right hook on the guy's jaw, and put him on the ground. (Said child was built like a concrete block with feet, and was and is the strongest female I've ever come across).

Both were quickly dispatched to the office. Principal looked at the guy and said, "I'm gonna do you a favor. I'm not gonna tell anybody a freshman girl knocked you out with one punch. Go to class."

To Sara, he said, "Good punch. Please don't do it again. I'd be willing to bet you won't have any more problems. Go to class."

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com