• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! What'd ya have? (2018)

BonVivant

7 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Anna N

Id love to see more of that shop ..........

wonder what would happen if one went in and pointed 

to specific areas of THeBeast ?

BTW  is that CharSiu on the lower R ?

I’m sorry I wasn’t there. Perhaps @Kerry Beal will pop in later and answer your questions.  

But while you wait here’s another photograph of the same shop on the same day when Kerry tortured me with the choice between duck and pork – – – – can you imagine? 

6D20BDBF-22A2-49B7-AF4E-BE8B16516688.jpeg.a8f42328ddec5c1f2eacab8cdb11e6d5.jpeg

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 4

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

@Anna N

I can imagine my Dreams Tonight

in BOS chinatown there are some Hole in the Wall places that have

duck , Pork etc like that.

but a tiny bit Question-able.

Ive seen some Peking ducks there , 1/2 or whole 

and many other items.   Ive gotten the Char Siu from them, hanging right there

in the future , tell KB :

why not both ?

maybe in the late fall , when its much cooler , it not quite yet snowing

Ill get a P.D. and deal with it and freeze the rest

as Im possibly addicted to cooking videos 

the real vids BTW i.e. cooking

there was a series from Australia

that got a lot of items from a Chinese shop in-between BOS and GTA

and made 4 things from the whole Duck , Peking or not

I remember a Shredded Duck Salad.

Yikes !

10 minutes ago, rotuts said:

in the future , tell KB :

why not both ?

Had I said both she would not have hesitated to bring both.xD  But this was a gift and I do have some manners occasionally.:D:)

• Like 3

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

A quick porchetta sandwich before visiting Vatican City at Angrypig Porchetteria. I chose the one with fried aubergine slices, which added to the meatiness of the pork nicely. It was good, but not life changing. At 6 Euros a decent snack ...

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

Edited by Duvel (log)
  • Like 5

ACF17AC2-401B-4BF7-BB0C-5494DC40148A.thumb.jpeg.fb334ed84aee00b28bd814032dd24185.jpeg

Chicken skin and tsukune (chicken balls). 

• Like 8

My 2004 eG Blog

The herb guy at yesterday's farmers market accidentally gave me two bunches of dill - BIG bunches - instead of one so I was looking for ways to use my bounty.  

Pasta with Dill Pesto and Roasted Fennel from The Moosewood Restaurant Table cookbook.

IMG_7950.thumb.jpg.a9cc811cf567aeb55ace1fd0fdd8475e.jpg

I made the vegan version of the recipe using toasted walnuts instead of cheese in the pesto and as a garnish.

The pesto used up 2 cups of chopped dill so I still have enough to make a kuku or something like that.

• Like 8

C9EE192C-4DB8-439D-95D6-2B9C89F0BD0E.thumb.jpeg.623f81a5c1af0aca86449925a01cba06.jpeg

More mushroom soup left over from here.

• Like 5

My 2004 eG Blog

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

C9EE192C-4DB8-439D-95D6-2B9C89F0BD0E.thumb.jpeg.623f81a5c1af0aca86449925a01cba06.jpeg

More mushroom soup left over from here.

Where is green with envy button?  I had this soup at Chocolate Workshop and it was incredibly delicious.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, chefmd said:

Where is green with envy button?  I had this soup at Chocolate Workshop and it was incredibly delicious.

But you got to enjoy the workshop and all I got was the delicious mushroom soup and some other leftovers. xD

• Haha 1

My 2004 eG Blog

On 04/06/2018 at 3:31 PM, liuzhou said:

Plain duck egg (2) omelette with CHIPS. 

Yup I could go for that. Your chips look wonderful! I think I'd have ruined the aesthetic with too much salt and splashes of malt vinegar before I got to photo taking. 
The omelette has me rethinking my dinner plans too. 

Edited by CantCookStillTry
Of.. I added an of ... (log)
  • Like 1

I had, yesterday, some of the brisket from Aldi I'd pulled from the freezer, rubbed down with pastrami rub, and smoked last weekend. It was a little disappointing...gristly and a lot of fat on the slices I cut...but had a good flavor. With some Jarlsberg Swiss and some honey spicy mustard to dip. No bread. Some pickles on the side.

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

I opened a jar of Steinfeld's Bread and Butter pickle chips to go with my BBQ beef sandwich.   Those pickles are SO good I just can't stay away from them.  Today I noticed  that most of the jar is gone now.

• Haha 1

I helped Deb's daughter and SIL move into a new apartment this morning, helping them with the biggest and heaviest items. There is nothing like carrying heavy furniture upstairs into a hot space, but I soldiered on. I was pretty glad when we were done. I had skipped breakfast to get there early. 

I stopped by Aldi on the way home, as I had a hankering for a brat with kimchi, onion and ball park mustard, for lunch, which I did. I also got the fixings for burgers and fries for dinner, as I do believe the beer I chose to relieve my many aches and pains, may just bring on a nap.

HC

IMG_0896.thumb.JPG.4ca35bee54b951bd8f2b7487b7529360.JPGIMG_0898.thumb.JPG.2d61d79602041ad66e411a54c5bf78dc.JPGIMG_0894.thumb.JPG.166274803b1fa70618abaa159e082a57.JPG

• Like 7

I happened on this recipe for a Grilled Aged Cheddar Cheese Sandwich with Pistachio Sage Pesto and instead made a grilled aged-Havarti cheese sandwich with dill-walnut pesto. 

IMG_8001.thumb.jpg.50ea93563b39fa16155174554bb54e99.jpg

Up front is the the Cucumbers, Scallions, Mint & Dried Chiles from Six Seasons.

The original sandwich recipe adds a smear of applesauce to the sandwich.  Since I switched everything up, I considered leaving it out but decided to go with the Apple Mustard from Deep Run Roots.  It sort of mixed with the pesto and made it browner than would be most appealing but the flavor was good.

• Like 5