• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

I love thinly sliced roasted cauliflower, all on its own, so I've been putting off trying the Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Feta from Shaya.  I finally gave it a try, with just half a head, and I'm sold. 

Prior to roasting, the cauliflower is first boiled/steamed in a broth of white wine, salt, lemon juice, butter red pepper flakes, bay leaf and a bit of sugar, a step that infuses it with extra flavors.

Edited to add that the cauliflower recipe is available online at this link.

fullsizeoutput_38cf.thumb.jpeg.467050694bd518d0c5b13e4f72d498dd.jpeg

Per the book, it's served with a whipped feta/goat cheese/cream cheese mixture.  

fullsizeoutput_38d4.thumb.jpeg.7656f5a930a427d5b69da395ef3a264e.jpeg

I added some crostini topped with Matbucha, a rustic mix of tomato, roasted red bell pepper and onion, cooked together with spices, also from the book.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I love thinly sliced roasted cauliflower, all on its own, so I've been putting off trying the Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Feta from Shaya.  I finally gave it a try, with just half a head, and I'm sold. 

Prior to roasting, the cauliflower is first boiled/steamed in a broth of white wine, salt, lemon juice, butter red pepper flakes, bay leaf and a bit of sugar, a step that infuses it with extra flavors.

fullsizeoutput_38cf.thumb.jpeg.467050694bd518d0c5b13e4f72d498dd.jpeg

Per the book, it's served with a whipped feta/goat cheese/cream cheese mixture.  

fullsizeoutput_38d4.thumb.jpeg.7656f5a930a427d5b69da395ef3a264e.jpeg

I added some crostini topped with Matbucha, a rustic mix of tomato, roasted red bell pepper and onion, cooked together with spices, also from the book.