• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

@Kim Shook would any of the Wegmans “ready to eat” items appeal to your mom? I started a thread in the Kitchen Consumer topic and their items. Their gazpacho is prettt good, same with the beef on weck. 

That grilled cheese looks delicious! I buy Wegman’s pre-cooked ham slices and throw them in salads and potatoes au gratin. I don’t really cook that much since my husband is so busy at work I feel like it’s interupting him to ask what he may want for dinner (and I never know what he had for lunch or if he had it) and he comes home so late that frequently he doesn’t want a full meal. So having certain pre-prepped things, like Wegman’s bacon wrapped scallops and Caesar salad are super handy. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

@Kim Shook would any of the Wegmans “ready to eat” items appeal to your mom? I started a thread in the Kitchen Consumer topic and their items. Their gazpacho is prettt good, same with the beef on weck. 

That grilled cheese looks delicious! I buy Wegman’s pre-cooked ham slices and throw them in salads and potatoes au gratin. I don’t really cool that much since my husband is so busy at work I feel like it’s interupting him to ask what he may want for dinner (and I never know what he had for lunch or if he had it) and he comes home so late that frequently he doesn’t want a full meal. So having certain pre-prepped things, like Wegman’s bacon wrapped scallops and Caesar salad are super handy.