• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

Had a michigan and potato chips for lunch

IMG_8150.thumb.jpg.54951f6dcda3c2383b8ae5a9b273a01c.jpg

A michigan is a hot dog with a squiggle of mustard, topped with a mildly spicy meat sauce. Can be ordered "wit,"  "wit buried" or  "witout," all referring to the addition or absence of raw, chopped onion. 

My michigan above is wit buried.

Procured from Clare & Carl's

IMG_8149.thumb.jpg.407242c57d663e674f0e57eab455d148.jpg

I took the photo above yesterday AM, before they opened for lunch.  The parking lot is usually filled with cars while they're open. They have car-hop service but my brother picked up ours to-go.  I had one, he ate three. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Had a michigan and potato chips for lunch

IMG_8150.thumb.jpg.54951f6dcda3c2383b8ae5a9b273a01c.jpg

A michigan is a hot dog with a squiggle of mustard, topped with a mildly spicy meat sauce. Can be ordered "wit,"  "wit buried" or  "witout," all referring to the addition or absence of raw, chopped onion. 

My michigan above is wit buried.

Procured from Clare & Carl's

IMG_8149.thumb.jpg.407242c57d663e674f0e57eab455d148.jpg

I took the photo above yesterday AM, before they opened for lunch.  The parking lot is usually filled with cars while they're open. They have car-hop service but my brother picked up ours to-go.  I had one, he ate three.