• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

16 hours ago, Paul Bacino said:

@HungryChris--Wish we had Live soft shells in.  No word yet  ( of course I'm in Mid America thou )

It has been a late and screwy season, so far. Most places will not put them in their flyer, because they never know if they will come in. Getting the text message was something I asked for and they were happy to oblige. They told me they had to throw out half of the previous minimum shipment. She jokingly told me that myself and her husband were the only buyers, but without a heads up from the flyer, word just isn't out that they are there and such a perishable item can't just wait around to be discovered.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 minutes ago, Paul Bacino said:

@HungryChris--Wish we had Live soft shells in.  No word yet  ( of course I'm in Mid America thou )

It has been a late and screwy season, so far. Most places will not put them in their flyer, because they never know if they will come in. Getting the text message was something I asked for and they were happy to oblige. They told me they had to throw out half of the previous minimum shipment.

HC