• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2018

chefmd

18 minutes ago, Captain said:

Picklets for us. Cream & Jam.

I’m guessing these are very similar to the pikelets that I recall from my childhood.  Those however were much larger and almost paper thin. Interesting.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

24EE401B-6038-4C2B-8784-C42F3E354378.thumb.jpeg.972a31ef3fa8b976f86ae0923eaf172a.jpeg

There is so much wrong here but it’s not a beauty contest and we all have to start somewhere. First attempt at pressed sushi. Need to curb my garnish fetish.  There is enough wasabi paste here to clear a whole ward of ENT patients.  

Edited by Anna N
Spelling. (log)
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

Nice!  What's in the middle, under the ginger?  Egg? 

Thanks. Yes.  A rolled omelet and some ham.  

Recently @Kerry Beal  and I were digging around in my basement and we came across this never-opened sushi kit.  At the time, which was a couple of weeks ago,  I dismissed it. Then I started reading about pressed sushi and rescued it from the donation pile.  These things keep me out of the pool halls and beer parlours.

• Delicious 1
  • Haha 7

My 2004 eG Blog

the Jones Scrapple Fairy

showed up at my house !

the note from Jones read :

" We can's have you out of Scrapple ! "

this might only interest me :

https://www.eater.com/2015/9/1/9211867/scrapple-goetta-livermush-what-is-it

so it was gong to be Scrapple ( properly cooked - crispy outside , creamy porky and cornmeal goodness inside )

and soft scrambled eggs on sourdough toast :

scrapple.thumb.jpg.8b1f5ed8419252f5ad36f5aa00ba1457.jpg

then i decided to ' scrap ' the egg and toast and have more Scrapple !

wise decisions are sometimes made.  

sorry the pic is a bit blurry.

hard to keep still when Scrapple is on the plate !

Yum  Yumm !

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

057F15FD-4878-4322-8755-C90E96B21254.thumb.jpeg.7bf2aa16a0fe98c7f602e050d34927b9.jpeg

My (mis)interpretation of chirashi don - scattered sushi on rice.  I did OK until I attempted to be neat.  Seasoned broccoli was stirred into sushi rice  which was then topped with scrambled egg and garnish of broccoli florets.  Proof that sushi is not really about raw fish.😊

• Like 9

My 2004 eG Blog

Starting Monday off right. Corned beef hash and eggs. Most of the whites discarded, two yolks and a little white over easy. Broke one of the yolks. Didn't hurt it too much.20181001_114413.thumb.jpg.17ecaa5bdc9fff4de2cb5448d1f57c7b.jpg

• Like 9
  • Delicious 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

A76CD8EE-B5E5-4BC2-8CE3-C744ACCCFE8F.thumb.jpeg.5daa416a695449c9d1d5d0f28137dc30.jpeg

Ham ‘n’ eggs my way. 

• Like 13
  • Delicious 1

My 2004 eG Blog

73339F32-3F19-42C2-9769-F035F22C45FB.thumb.jpeg.01afb318aba730a7f536e0e17520215f.jpeg

Congee with eggs and spinach. Made as part of a project I am working on.

• Like 7

My 2004 eG Blog

Steak and Cheesy Potato Soft Taco

B33BE5C8-A26B-4CBC-9968-A29176C46D87.thumb.jpeg.4cc52d07d99945843a31b9de2ca3a7ea.jpeg

Leftovers from last night’s ribeye, reheated with chimichurri, and the last of the cheesy potato casserole, from earlier in the week, with a warm flour torilla.

Edited by robirdstx (log)
  • Like 10

5C8E8858-6A46-4A59-9D6C-A7A73A36F4F3.thumb.jpeg.99eeab4ac07e0aee8a1e992e6e554862.jpeg

Eggs with wasabi and soy sauce. Yep, I know those eggs are overcooked but who else makes three attempts at perfecting breakfast?😱

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

My 2004 eG Blog

7 hours ago, Duvel said:

Tamagoyaki with Choriço ... and a Brezl. 

😂”Don't let inflexible ideas of authenticity get in the way of deliciousness.” Nick Kindelsperger (Chicago Tribune).

I just couldn’t resist.  Nice tamagoyaki!

• Haha 1

My 2004 eG Blog