• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2018

chefmd

Started our day with dry rolled oats hydrated with almond milk and fresh blueberries. Not very sexy but hits the spot, keeps me satisfied through the day 

but now it's dinner time and need to move forward into something more substantial.  Have hamburger buns on the counter and frozen burger patties in the freezer.  Time to get moving 

47D63DDF-06F2-4223-862E-FE1E7B596686.thumb.jpeg.75232d854a41f809ae7df94bcad1ce57.jpeg

Kimchi pancake.

7BDFE5C8-FF00-402E-9FB4-D7DAFB369C76.thumb.jpeg.183a0cf3cbe0146170b26e264fb2b9a5.jpeg

I will store the pancake mix carefully but if I disappear you’ll understand that it probably has something to do with the alien substance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

40 minutes ago, Anna N said:

if I disappear you’ll understand that it probably has something to do with the alien substance.

I have an "alien travel permit". Let's me into restricted parts of China.

Aliens-Travel-Permit.thumb.jpg.348375b88ed7d265ea69f6cf1aab0021.jpg

I have been eating breakfasts recently, but I seem to be in a repetitive rut so few posts you haven't seen 100 times before.. I blame the weather. It's so hot. Even at 7 am.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

1 hour ago, liuzhou said:

At 7 am this morning it was 36ºC and rising. It's a little cooler tonight. It rained, but forecast for tomorrow is to go back up again.

I'm thinking ice cream for breakfast.

It's rarely gets that hot here in the early AM but on those rare occasions, I've been known to start my day with a Vietnamese coffee popsicle xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Shelby said:

We don’t do this often but after working in the garden all morning we wanted waffles, eggs and Father’s bacon

Started with mimosas

I'm always on board with starting with mimosas!  

What did you think of Father's bacon?  I finally placed an order last Monday and am waiting for it to arrive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I'm always on board with starting with mimosas!  

What did you think of Father's bacon?  I finally placed an order last Monday and am waiting for it to arrive.

I really like that bacon.  We used the seasoning bacon— it’s cut into smaller pieces but it still tastes amazing. Very smokey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made a frittata with stuff from the fridge.  A dish of roasted potato cubes, white corn,  and diced grape tomatos.  Just pan roasted the corn  to get color and dry it out a bit then added the other ingredients and 2 scrambled eggs to the pan on the stove top.     Topped with slivers of a Belgium cheese and slipped it into the toaster oven just under the heating element until it set.

A quick little breakfast for 2 to start a Sunday morning 

• Like 6

3E28FF7E-7E68-444D-B5EB-ECA56FC2DD79.thumb.jpeg.a090870bb24f315e3f469e969f6061f4.jpeg

Almost successful eggsperiment based on a discussion with @mkayahara during this lunch. (Forgot whether they should be fridge or room temperature, forgot to puncture them, all my fault).  Still they turned out quite well all things considered. Skillet toast. And in the mini pitcher some of the marinade from the kamo rosu that was last night’s dinner.  Made a lovely sauce for the eggs.

• Like 6

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

I should be picking zucchini from the garden in just a few days, so I had to send this imposter from Wally World on his way. He did exit with a modicum of dignity, however, sautéed in a hot wok with garlic and chopped green onions and plated with a dusting of freshly grated parmesan cheese.

HC

IMG_0873.thumb.JPG.2cb3d19a7e3a10019af0756cb18faca2.JPGIMG_0875.thumb.JPG.a82726602d14350471520401f5a951a9.JPG 

• Like 5

@HungryChris

That scrapple has got to go so I can hit the like and/or the delicious buttons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My 2004 eG Blog

74211D6E-C963-40EF-8201-E248FFE072B6.thumb.jpeg.45875f3a80c9eb408ad74846a5ac4834.jpeg

Asian-inspired eggs. 6 1/2 minutes eggs, kimchi furikake and some shredded nori.

• Like 10

My 2004 eG Blog

Yes, the appetite's back. Pear and blue cheese Dutch baby, topped with Greek yogurt and honey.

20180605_085143.thumb.jpg.9e8883c343a8714b007752662be2f25e.jpg

Edited by kayb
to fix typos. (log)
  • Like 8

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

4 hours ago, kayb said:

Yes, the appetite's back. Pear and blue cheese Dutch baby, topped with Greek yogurt and honey.

That is my kind of Dutch baby although I might skip the yoghurt and honey.

My 2004 eG Blog

8C3C5E66-8635-42A3-8C8A-18F7326696C5.thumb.jpeg.26b835343c6c5ecd7e5a46a09606133b.jpeg

Rice bowl with egg, chicken, nori and togarishi. (I will be fluent in Kanji soon). xD

• Like 4

My 2004 eG Blog