• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link to recipe

My first cook from Ottolenghi's Simple

IMG_9122.thumb.jpg.287433fb1136a48382a208205952c191.jpg

Hot Charred Cherry Tomatoes with Cold Yogurt and Braised Eggs with Leek and Za'atar.  Bäco bread on the side.  The egg & leek recipe is available online here.

The tomatoes are roasted, then broiled with garlic, lemon zest, cumin, thyme, oregano, slivered lemon zest and olive oil and garnished with more fresh oregano and Urfa chile flakes.  The Greek yogurt is seasoned with lemon zest and salt.  Excellent.

The egg dish was rather salty from the preserved lemon (the recipe says to use both the skin and flesh) and feta.  I also added extra spinach.  Next time, I'll just poach the eggs and nestle them into the cooked vegetables.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

My first cook from Ottolenghi's Simple

IMG_9122.thumb.jpg.287433fb1136a48382a208205952c191.jpg

Hot Charred Cherry Tomatoes with Cold Yogurt and Braised Eggs with Leek and Za'atar.  Bäco bread on the side.

The tomatoes are roasted, then broiled with garlic, lemon zest, cumin, thyme, oregano, slivered lemon zest and olive oil and garnished with more fresh oregano and Urfa chile flakes.  The Greek yogurt is seasoned with lemon zest and salt.  Excellent.

The egg dish was rather salty from the preserved lemon (the recipe says to use both the skin and flesh) and feta.  I also added extra spinach.  Next time, I'll just poach the eggs and nestle them into the cooked vegetables.