• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MRE

MRE

spelling

Yesterday's breakfast. My niece wanted a Japanese style breakfast so I made her this. A bit of leftover rice in dashi with a tuna furikake, and a salted plum. I considered topping it with a raw quail egg, but I thought that might be pushing it. She seemed pleased. I also made the plum torte for the less adventurous in the group.

Tuna Furikake, Rice, Salted Plum, & Dashi.jpg

Plum Torte.jpg

MRE

MRE

Yesterday's breakfast. My niece wanted a Japanese style breakfast so I made her this. A bit of leftover rice in dashi with a tuna furikake, and a salted plum. I considered topping it with a raw quail egg, but I thought that might be pushing it. She seemed pleased. Ialso made the plum torte for the less adventurous in the group.

Tuna Furikake, Rice, Salted Plum, & Dashi.jpg

Plum Torte.jpg