• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

25 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin

Wooooe   Woooooooe

Gala when just right

is to die for

I miss them so much !

too much MR for me now

so that I might forget

and indeed I got them in Ca  

in the Bay Area 

when I went back to visit my father

They are really lovely melons, aren't they?  I bought this one from a local farm stand.  The fragrance of it was absolutely intoxicating when I picked it up out of the bin! 

On my way home, I stopped off at Trader Joe's and saw that they had some organic Galia melons as well.  They were a better price than at the farm but they didn't smell nearly as good.

My favorite of the other melons these folks grow is the Saticoy melon - sweeter, more fragrant and nicer texture (to me) than a cantaloupe. Haven't seen them yet this year.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

19 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin

Wooooe   Woooooooe

Gala when just right

is to die for

I miss them so much !

too much MR for me now

so that I might forget

in the Bay Area 

They are really lovely melons, aren't they?  I bought this one from a local farm stand.  The fragrance of it was absolutely intoxicating when I picked it up out of the bin! 

One my way home, I stopped off at Trader Joe's and saw that they had some organic Galia melons as well.  They were a better price than at the farm but they didn't smell nearly as good.

My favorite of the other melons these folks grow is the Saticoy melon - sweeter, more fragrant and nicer texture (to me) than a cantaloupe. Haven't seen them yet this year.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

10 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin

Wooooe   Woooooooe

Gala when just right

is to die for

I miss them so much !

too much MR for me now

so that I might forget

in the Bay Area 

They are really lovely melons, aren't they?  I bought this one from a local farm stand.  The fragrance of it was absolutely intoxicating when I pick it up out of the bin! 

One my way home, I stopped off at Trader Joe's and saw that they had some organic Galia melons as well.  They were a better price than at the farm but they didn't smell nearly as good.