• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

I knew before I fell asleep last night at least a part of what I would have for breakfast this morning. (That is usually as far reaching as any menu planning gets in my life although I try hard.)

There was a small piece of smoked duck in the refrigerator that needed to be used up. I knew I would serve it on crispbread. But that was as far as my imagination had carried me.

So while the duck crisped on my stove top I twirled my internal Rolodex at full speed  hoping it would spit out something interesting to serve with the duck.

I remembered that Jacques Pépin had done something with duck and parsnips and I knew there were  parsnips in my crisper drawer. 

DC2D707E-B627-4A92-9C92-BB3BBF3714BD.thumb.jpeg.d9669dc7fafe9eee681a9cb1ff755e57.jpeg

Smoked duck,  parsnip pureed with a little smoked duck fat, on crispbread with  ligonberry sauce. 

Anna N

Anna N

I knew before I fell asleep last night at least a part of what I would have for breakfast this morning. (That is usually as far reaching as any menu planning gets in my life although I try hard.)

There was a small piece of smoked duck in the refrigerator that needed to be used up. I knew I would serve it on crispbread. But that was as far as my imagination had carried me.

So while the duck crisped on my stove top I twirled my internal Rolodex at full speed  hoping it would spit out something interesting to serve with the duck.

I remembered that Jacques Pépin had done something with duck and parsnips and I knew there  parsnips in my crisper drawer. 

DC2D707E-B627-4A92-9C92-BB3BBF3714BD.thumb.jpeg.d9669dc7fafe9eee681a9cb1ff755e57.jpeg

Smoked duck,  parsnip pureed with a little smoked duck fat, on crispbread with  ligonberry sauce.