• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

I really, really wanted to do scrambled eggs in a bread case but I don’t see that happening in the near future. And today I really wanted to fool around with scrambled eggs sous vide. 

Three eggs, 1 tablespoon each cream, milk, melted butter and salt pepper.  Whisk together and put into resealable bag.  Evacuate as much air as possible using Archimedes principle and then sous vide for 15 minutes at 75°C squishing the eggs around in the bag every five minutes. Delicious.  Various sources give credit to Heston Blumenthal for this recipe but I couldn’t really confirm that he actually did them sous vide.   But if he deserves the credit then I’m happy to give it to him. 

CF91A123-5F55-45C4-B7A1-E04041F71EB4.thumb.jpeg.339a78776e2220fa58156808036c4888.jpeg

If you are a fan of creamy scrambled eggs and of sous vide then you need to try this. :) (No stuck-on-egg pan either.)

Anna N

Anna N

I really, really wanted to do scrambled eggs in a bread case but I don’t see that happening in the near future. And today I really wanted to full around with scrambled eggs sous vide. 

Three eggs, 1 tablespoon each cream, milk melted butter and salt pepper.  Whisk together and put into resealable bag.  Evacuate as much air as possible using Archimedes principle and then sous vide for 15 minutes at 75°C squishing the eggs around in the bag every five minutes. Delicious.  Various sources give credit to Heston Blumenthal for this recipe but I couldn’t really confirm that he actually did them sous vide.   But if he deserves the credit then I’m happy to give it to him. 

CF91A123-5F55-45C4-B7A1-E04041F71EB4.thumb.jpeg.339a78776e2220fa58156808036c4888.jpeg

If you are a fan of creamy scrambled eggs and of sous vide then you need to try this. :) (No stuck-on-egg pan either.)