• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2018

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Dejah said:

Bolognese over Shirataki Fettuccini noodles  5ac6259c5fd9a_BologneseoverShiratakiFettuccini4761.jpg.7f7dc8a976e66ff95779bc1253f479c2.jpg

What is the brand of noodles you are using?  We are now using only Zeroodles, with added oat bran.  We use the angel hair, spaghetti,, fettuccini and rice.  After rinsing, i spread them out thinly on a linen tea cloth (don't use terry cloth!) Cover them with paper towels and roll the works up into a cylinder.  Takes all the excess moisture out of them.   They fill you up and a package of 400 gm. Contains only 112 calories.

• Like 2

Turkey Dinner :

5ac637ab97df0_NPs.thumb.jpg.1c02925a009fcd3f58aa0b4cca238e52.jpg

CSO'd new potatoes

TD1.thumb.jpg.3f400de209083d29d7e94e5ae909555e.jpg

this is one tranche of the turkey br. Ive SV'd over on the Sv thread :  142.6 x 6 h , then cold smoked for 1 hr or so.

delicious.   I saved the jus from all the bags as I rebated them after the smoke and fz  I fz the jus and used some of it for the gravy i made :

TD2.thumb.jpg.70e29f25eedf16f17a4880a9146219f5.jpg

light torching  

an assist on the gravy from Minors low salt page :

http://www.soupbase.com/Low-Reduced-Sodium-Bases-Gels/products/6/

its the RC lowsalt turkey base which I keep in the fz.    a few add-ins :  Bells seasoning , a few drops of RB40 , thickened

Generic mixed veg from Fz.  nothing fancy , but very tasty turkey.

• Like 13

Last night for dinner I grilled some fresh chicken breasts, soaked my favorite croutons in a little bit of home made ranch dressing, and made a Caesar wrap. 

I really love caesar wraps, that fresh crunchy romaine, chicken and tangy dressing :) 

gDsZUbR.jpg
dReSAKN.jpg
7MUaGZD.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Food blogging zombie

My Instagram

My YouTube Channel

It's Friday, Friday is Fish day......well sea food day...... to keep things light for the start of the weekend  ;)

TBRJtR0.jpg

FVINu11.jpg

and of course, I refuse to forgo dessert......

ZM00biM.jpg

qzAmwN6.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 3

10 minutes ago, kayb said:

What are the little birdnest looking things?

Actually, you get full mark for guessing the name.

The translation would be the Robin Nest and it is an Arabic sweet composed of vermicelli strands wrapped around pistachios. Delectable.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Nicolai said:

Actually, you get full mark for guessing the name.

The translation would be the Robin Nest and it is an Arabic sweet composed of vermicelli strands wrapped around pistachios. Delectable.

Esh el bulbul were my favorite as a kid, I used (and still do) love their cunichness and shape.

• Like 2

~ Shai N.

CC7A65B6-4B92-4B9E-8016-3D4FA25F43E1.thumb.jpeg.085c98708289ebd4fc1bda8936b785da.jpeg

Shoulder lamb chops sous vided for six hours at 56°C, carrot and sweet potato purée made in the Thermomix and some mint sauce. 

• Like 16

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

My ( very plebeian) dinner is unstuffed cabbage.

I've little success with removing the leaves intact to roll up the cabbage.

My recipe makes it into a sort of skillet or casserole dish with chopped up cabbage leaves.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, lindag said:

My ( very plebeian) dinner is unstuffed cabbage.

I've little success with removing the leaves intact to roll up the cabbage.

My recipe makes it into a sort of skillet or casserole dish with chopped up cabbage leaves.

Call it "deconstructed stuffed cabbage" and you're in vogue!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lindag said:

Yeah, I'm jealous.

I first encountered stuffed cabbage late in life, but loved it from the outset. I now make big batches of it, as it freezes well. I do appreciate your enthusiasm. Thanks lindag!!!

11 hours ago, ElsieD said:

What is the brand of noodles you are using?  We are now using only Zeroodles, with added oat bran.  We use the angel hair, spaghetti,, fettuccini and rice.  After rinsing, i spread them out thinly on a linen tea cloth (don't use terry cloth!) Cover them with paper towels and roll the works up into a cylinder.  Takes all the excess moisture out of them.   They fill you up and a package of 400 gm. Contains only 112 calories.

@ElsieD: It's House Foods - sold at Safeway. I've been trying to get the Zerooles brand but both my suppliers are "Out of Stock or Sold Out"! I keep checking their sites every morning. One of these days!

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Roast chicken, asparagus, turnip, carrot...

5ac6dd45641b1_RoastChickenVeg4775.jpg.a8337091d5032f7cba033cc18e32b295.jpg

• Like 17
  • Delicious 1

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

3 hours ago, ImportantElements said:

Still got an hour until dinner. Bought some prosciutto di parma today, and made a quick snack just now. Man I cant wait for summer tomatoes though. 

PVGyTKv.jpg

n3rOKKi.jpg

An hour is an eternity.  You should fit in well here.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

10 minutes ago, liamsaunt said:

Sort of breakfast for dinner last night: roasted mushrooms on cheesy toast with poached eggs

Stop!  Please stop!xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

10 hours ago, Dejah said:

@ElsieD: It's House Foods - sold at Safeway. I've been trying to get the Zerooles brand but both my suppliers are "Out of Stock or Sold Out"! I keep checking their sites every morning. One of these days!

I just checked and well.ca has 6 out of the 8 Shirataki noodles in stock.  You have me wondering if I should make sure I am well stocked at all times in case of shortages.  We use maybe 2 packages a week.  3 this week as we gobbled gobbled last Monday night.:ph34r:

11 hours ago, ImportantElements said:

Still got an hour until dinner. Bought some prosciutto di parma today, and made a quick snack just now. Man I cant wait for summer tomatoes though. 

PVGyTKv.jpg

n3rOKKi.jpg

Give me a double sized helping of that, and forget dinner later.

• Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com