Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2018


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Shelby said:

The nightly cucumber salad

 

IMG_4904.JPG.ef837807abbc8a36bd8968cb888c4246.JPG

 

A few beans were ready (finally) in the garden.  Supplemented by store bought (not as good)

IMG_4905.JPG.f2b728e65c72f1271f89dee00a629e19.JPG

IMG_4914.jpg.c22d7ce06fd149f0cba6c0d1bd27faab.jpg

Walleye

IMG_4915.jpg.222e50336fc146992a5dc76eacad7af1.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg.56aebd346ab4e2e7a242b4b670f35ccd.jpg

WALLEYE !!!!!!!😋

I adore walleye and can't get it where I live now. 

So when will we see the Spanish Rice a Roni in one of your meals......

  • Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

 

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually did something I have never done before.   I ordered food to be delivered to me at home.  Plain pizza and a portion of lasagna.  Still have most of them both left but it was an indulgence I'm not used to and it was suggested to me that maybe, every once in a while, I should do something for ME.  That I am worth it. Don't know if I would do this again but it felt nice to indulge myself a bit.

  • Like 10

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

 

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suzilightning said:

I actually did something I have never done before.   I ordered food to be delivered to me at home.  Plain pizza and a portion of lasagna.  Still have most of them both left but it was an indulgence I'm not used to and it was suggested to me that maybe, every once in a while, I should do something for ME.  That I am worth it. Don't know if I would do this again but it felt nice to indulge myself a bit.

 

Good for you!  I don't believe I have ever done this either.  Maybe someday.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Linguine with white clam sauce with a few bits of garlic bread, and no, we are not sick of it yet! As I was gathering up the last of these clams tonight, I was already thinking about when I would be able to go out clamming again.

HC

IMG_1379.thumb.JPG.f3e11e16e35a0e50dc55e3a7cae512cc.JPG

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Shelby said:

Honestly, mine was like pork belly--only less meat....it's gelatinous, rich.  Just plain good.

 

Ronnie got home and had a bite, and he didn't like it.

 

More for me lol.

That is why I have the fridge in the basement. "Don't look in there, you won't like what you see."

HC

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

 

Good for you!  I don't believe I have ever done this either.  Maybe someday.

 

 

  😝 I’m ashamed. I take full advantage of both DoorDash and Grubhub to deliver dinner at least twice a week. Restaurant chefs are much better cooks than I am. But to be totally honest, growing up we always had a local pizzeria deliver on Fridays. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hirekatsu & Tonkatsu Sauce. 

As with all of my forays into food of other cultures I've never tried authentic versions of - If I've really cocked it up, refer to my working title:

Panko Pork Snitz, Naked Slaw & Bbq + Sauce 😁.

I realise it would look all the more authentic if I had sliced the pork and drizzled the sauce. However every time I do that, I listen to the monologue about how my husbands not a child and still has all his teeth and can cut his own meat .... 🙄20180715_202526.thumb.jpg.c21c8cc1e45b3be3d83f8db0de949ff1.jpg

 

  • Like 14
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier dinner that I forgot to share- taco time! (beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, deep fried masa tortillas). Side of steamed rapini.

36847755_10209832816655530_37103500915638272_n.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

 

  😝 I’m ashamed. I take full advantage of both DoorDash and Grubhub to deliver dinner at least twice a week. Restaurant chefs are much better cooks than I am. But to be totally honest, growing up we always had a local pizzeria deliver on Fridays. 

In What kind of shape does it show up?  I always imagine a doggy bag -looking affair

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's my birthday but decided to stay in and do something at home. The steaks were grilled outside. I made a mango salsa to go with them. Charlie is getting tired of baked potatoes so i did scalloped in the toaster oven. Despite the heat, oven did not heat up the kitchen with sourdough bread in the oven.  The bread takes less then 20 minutes and that includes it heating up.  The chocolate cake was from the store.

20180715_144738.jpg

20180715_145051.jpg

20180715_150812.jpg

Edited by Norm Matthews (log)
  • Like 21
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Norm Matthews said:

It's my birthday but decided to stay in and do something at home. The steaks were grilled outside. I made a mango salsa to go with them. Charlie is getting tired of baked potatoes so i did scalloped in the toaster oven. Despite the heat, oven did not heat up the kitchen with sourdough bread in the oven.  The bread takes less then 20 minutes and that includes it heating up.  The chocolate cake was from the store.

20180715_144738.jpg

20180715_145051.jpg

20180715_150812.jpg

 

Happy Birthday, Norm!  That steak looks perfect.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CantCookStillTry said:

Hirekatsu & Tonkatsu Sauce. 

As with all of my forays into food of other cultures I've never tried authentic versions of - If I've really cocked it up, refer to my working title:

Panko Pork Snitz, Naked Slaw & Bbq + Sauce 😁.

I realise it would look all the more authentic if I had sliced the pork and drizzled the sauce. However every time I do that, I listen to the monologue about how my husbands not a child and still has all his teeth and can cut his own meat .... 🙄20180715_202526.thumb.jpg.c21c8cc1e45b3be3d83f8db0de949ff1.jpg

 

CCST stop being so hard on yourself, this meal looks awesome! Do we need to come down there (yes) for an intervention?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Norm Matthews  Happy birthday to you.  Your avatar reminds me of a birthday card I once bought for a friend of mine.   The picture was, I think, the same.   I can't remember the exact wording but it went something like: Whoa ma'am!  Just how fast were you going when you went over that hill?😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gfweb said:

In What kind of shape does it show up?  I always imagine a doggy bag -looking affair

 

  It comes in microwave safe plastic containers that we reuse. Except for pizza of course. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our dinner tonight was one aimed at a hot weather night. I did get and cook corn from a place I have been going to (and taken to) since before I could see out of the car windows. I do declare this to be "FCD" (first corn day). Leftover potato salad, tomatoes and cucumber salad from the garden, along with chorizo stuffed clams, from the freezer. @Shelby, our A/C is up and running, but I have been there, and feel for you. Also, if you look closely, you may spot the pickled pig ears, that I did not bring to Deb's attention, but did put on the table just cuz I wanted them there (see them just above the tomatoes and to the right of the potato salad).

HC

IMG_1391.thumb.JPG.b8ed95dddb0ed9629737014b94b0b801.JPG

 

 

Edited by HungryChris (log)
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Vadouvan Curry Shrimp: Made this for the second time ever! Missing tonight's was fresh curry leaves. It shouldn't be an option as it adds a lovely fragrance to the dish! Also didn't have ground cardamom, but I had whole pods I brought back from India. Cracked open and chopped worked! I quite liked biting into bits of the seeds.

Eaten with spaghetti squash topped with black sesame seeds and roasted ginger, sauteed beans from my community garden, and peas (from the freezer).

                                                                          1370202258_VadouvanCurryShrimp5577.jpg.145bfc9c9a366d028964b775267a1f17.jpg

Edited by Dejah (log)
  • Like 16

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...