• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

On 12/18/2018 at 12:56 PM, liamsaunt said:

Sure.  It's one cup cornstarch, 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup EverCrisp breader and batter boost from modernist pantry (I think I read about this ingredient on here somewhere), 1 egg, 1 tsp. salt, and 12 ounces lager.  I usually stick the batter in the fridge for an hour or so before using.  It's very thin--thinner than pancake batter, and cooks up very light and crispy.

Thanks @liamsaunt  Not sure if I will be able to find EverCrisp breader here.  But I will look for it.

Ann_T

Ann_T

Sure.  It's one cup cornstarch, 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup EverCrisp breader and batter boost from modernist pantry (I think I read about this ingredient on here somewhere), 1 egg, 1 tsp. salt, and 12 ounces lager.  I usually stick the batter in the fridge for an hour or so before using.  It's very thin--thinner than pancake batter, and cooks up very light and crispy.

Thanks @liamsaunt

Ann_T

Ann_T

Thanks @liamsaunt