• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

2 hours ago, BeeZee said:

@suzilightning, I haven't had that in years. I was introduced to it by a Memphis native many years ago and I know if I made it today even in all of its trashiness (in the best way possible) I'd eat WAY too much. Of course I could say I'm eating it in honor of my friend Randall and enjoy the memories.

I made I only half of the recipe and have a bit left.  I was thinking about cooking up some elbow macaroni and using the remainder to make a mac and cheese.  I even have a bit of a ham steak left so may dice it up and fold it in.  All I need then are some smashed up butter crackers to go on top.  😄

Oh, @Ann_T!!  That is a magnificent pie.  I covet it and would happily have it for breakfast with some really sharp cheddar cheese.

suzilightning

suzilightning

2 hours ago, BeeZee said:

@suzilightning, I haven't had that in years. I was introduced to it by a Memphis native many years ago and I know if I made it today even in all of its trashiness (in the best way possible) I'd eat WAY too much. Of course I could say I'm eating it in honor of my friend Randall and enjoy the memories.

I made I only half of the recipe and have a bit left.  I was thinking about cooking up some elbow macaroni and using the remainder to make a mac and cheese.  I even have a bit of a ham steak left so may dice it up and fold it in.  All I need then are some smashed up butter crackers to go on top.  😄