• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

Thursday is French food day away few thousand miles from Paris.

1- Starters

I skipped the salads as I have about had it with the veggies and moved to the first course:

- Breaded and deep fried Salmon thingy

D6lJjkQ.jpg

- Baby Crads

28KHlOv.jpg

- Mussels

y54m5Po.jpg

2- Main course

One roast beef hand carved which yours truly concentrated on. Sheer meat without any sides........ughh some veggies to oblige the wife....

UgeFUsQ.jpg

Tv5b1Kq.jpg

Dessert

Of course, the Tarte Tatin. However, does not look Tatinnish as no caramelizing on the Apples, But hey, Whose complaining...

3Yw2LAP.jpg

Libation

- Couple of bottles of Gavi di Gavi.....in fact three bottles

AcA49fH.jpg

And finally coffee and a smokey Shisha with Double Apple macerated tobacco to keep in harmony with the non Tarte Tatin.

4QPhT6q.jpg

Life is good.......when the wife says so......

Nicolai

Nicolai

Thursday is French food day away few thousand miles from Paris.

1- Starters

I skipped the salads as I have about had it with the veggies and moved to the first course:

- Breaded and deep fried Salmon thingy

D6lJjkQ.jpg

- Baby Crads

28KHlOv.jpg

- Mussels

y54m5Po.jpg

2- Main course

One roast beef hand carved which yours truly concentrated on. Sheer meat without any sides........ughh some veggies to oblige the wife....

UgeFUsQ.jpg

UgeFUsQ.jpg

Dessert

Of course, the Tarte Tatin. However, does not look Tatinnish as no caramelizing on the Apples, But hey, Whose complaining...

3Yw2LAP.jpg

Libation

- Couple of bottles of Gavi di Gavi.....in fact three bottles

AcA49fH.jpg

And finally coffee and a smokey Shisha with Double Apple macerated tobacco to keep in harmony with the non Tarte Tatin.

4QPhT6q.jpg

Life is good.......when the wife says so......