• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

It has turned a bit cool after Michael hit us the last few days.

Not for tonight but for tomorrow or Monday....

have had a piece of beef in the fridge for 3 days to make sauerbraten.

I'm making it with vegetable potato pancakes, red cabbage and applesauce(after all it IS apple time here in NW NJ).

Thursday I tried a Taste of Home recipe for BBQ meatloaf muffins which worked OK but I will tweak it a bit.  Mashed potatoes and honey oiled carrots and peas.

I have a roasted chicken breast leftover but I think I will do breakfast for dinner … corned beef hash, hard scrambled eggs(don't judge - it's a texture thing for me) and some smashed tater tots.  My comfort food.  I do believe I will use that chicken breast to make some mu shu for dinner tomorrow.

soooooooo……. I am having a hard time NOT slurping down the sauce from the sauerbraten...

suzilightning

suzilightning

It has turned a bit cool after Michael hit us the last few days.

Not for tonight but for tomorrow or Monday....

have had a piece of beef in the fridge for 3 days to make sauerbraten.

I'm making it with vegetable potato pancakes, red cabbage and applesauce(after all it IS apple time here in NW NJ).

Thursday I tried a Taste of Home recipe for BBQ meatloaf muffins which worked OK but I will tweak it a bit.  Mashed potatoes and honey oiled carrots and peas.

I have a roasted chicken breast leftover but I think I will do breakfast for dinner … corned beef hash, hard scrambled eggs(don't judge - it's a texture thing for me) and some smashed tater tots.  My comfort food.  I do believe I will use that chicken breast to make some mu shu for dinner tomorrow.