• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Filleted and skinned a tilapia . Fried until barely cooked. Set aside.

Fried some shallots and added clams and sweet apple wine/cider. When clams opened pulled them out and set aside.

Added skinned and chopped fresh tomatoes to clam cooking pan and reduced until almost sauce-like. Added the clams and fish and he heated  through until warm and the fish was fully cooked. Took mere seconds.

I had intended serving this with pasta, but remembered that I had eaten pasta for lunch with pesto. (Not that it's a crime to eat pasta twice in a day.) So, I boiled a spud which nicely soaked up the tomato/clam sauce when fork mashed on the plate.

dinneroh.thumb.jpg.8b61882417e4b121515c96f4dbbe79fb.jpg

I liked the way the apple wine worked with the tomatoes to bring out their flavour and balance the acidity. I'll do that again.

dinnercu.thumb.jpg.7dacb306bba941645795aaed50d152e6.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Filleted and skinned a tilapia . Fried until barely cooked. Set aside.

Fried some shallots and added clams and sweet apple wine/cider. When clams opened pulled them out and set aside.

Added skinned and chopped fresh tomatoes to clam cooking pan and reduced until almost sauce-like. Added the clams and fish and he heated  through until warm and the fish was fully cooked. Took mere seconds.

I had interned serving this with pasta, but remembered that I had eaten pasta for lunch with pesto. (Not that it's a crime to eat pasta twice in a day.) So, I boiled a spud which nicely soaked up the tomato/clam sauce when fork mashed on the plate.

dinneroh.thumb.jpg.8b61882417e4b121515c96f4dbbe79fb.jpg

I liked the way the apple wine worked with the tomatoes to bring out their flavour and balance the acidity. I'll do that again.

dinnercu.thumb.jpg.7dacb306bba941645795aaed50d152e6.jpg