• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Pinto beans and hot Italian chicken sausage from Aldi. I loaded this pot up with fresh sage, thyme and rosemary. The beans were quite excellent, but the sausage was not a fave. I served this with small salads (that were never touched and were covered up and put right back in the fridge) and cheddar bay biscuits. As a little side note, that pot with the beans and sausage fit nicely into the Ipot, something I will not soon forget. This one was done with canned pinto beans, but once I get the flavors zeroed in, I will start with dried beans.

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

Here is the dish from a recent trip to Italy, hat I was shooting for:

1651359768_image1(1).JPG.15789b27c0867b6fb2c39a239f5c65b4.JPG

This dish was so memorable, with crusty Tuscan bread, that I will try to recreate it quite a few more times,

although aside from the sausage, I was pretty happy with this effort.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

Pinto beans and hot Italian chicken sausage from Aldi. I loaded this pot up with fresh sage, thyme and rosemary. The beans were quite excellent, but the sausage was not a fave. I served this with small salads (that were never touched and were covered up and put right back in the fridge) and cheddar bay biscuits.

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

Here is the dish from a recent trip to Italy, hat I was shooting for:

1651359768_image1(1).JPG.15789b27c0867b6fb2c39a239f5c65b4.JPG

This dish was so memorable, with crusty Tuscan bread, that I will try to recreate it quite a few more times,

although aside from the sausage, I was pretty happy with this effort.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

Pinto beans and hot Italian chicken sausage from Aldi. I loaded this pot up with fresh sage, thyme and rosemary. The beans were quite excellent, but the sausage was not a fave. I served this with small salads (that were never touched and were covered up and put right back in the fridge) and cheddar bay biscuits.

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG