• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

5 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@HungryChris  Those tacos look so good I wanted to dig right in.  What are they filled with?

Why thank you, @ElsieD. These were ground beef that had been cooked in a fry pan and drained of most of the fat, then seasoned with salt & pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin, hit with a splash of beer for moisture and put in the taco shells. That was covered with a layer of pico de gallo followed by a layer of sharp cheddar cheese and baked in a casserole dish lined with non-stick aluminum foil at 375 F for 15 minutes and served with more pico de gallo, fresh salsa, finely shredded cabbage and sour cream (which I brought out after the camera was put away).

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

@HungryChris  Those tacos look so good I wanted to dig right in.  What are they filled with?

Why thank you, @ElsieD. These were ground beef that had been cooked in a fry pan and drained of most of the fat, then seasoned with salt & pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin, hit with a splash of beer for moisture and put in the taco shells. That was covered with a layer of pico de gallo followed by a layer of sharp cheddar cheese and baked in a casserole dish lined with non-stick aluminum foil at 375 F for 15 minutes and served with more pico de gallo, fresh salsa, finely shredded cabbage and sour cream (which brought out after the camera was put away).

HC