• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

6 hours ago, Ann_T said:

@FauxPas,   No, I never pick my own.   These were a good price. $10 for a 5 lb box at Great Green's Farm Market just south of Duncan.  The blueberries were from the Island, from Qualicum Beach.   Can't remember the name of the farm.  These were actually quite flavourful.  And they were quite ripe so that might have contributed to the flavour.   They were perfect for the pie. 

So you live on Vancouver Island too?

Yes, another Island Girl here.  xD

Went to local farm today and bought some blueberries, I thought they were grown in Comox Valley as there are lots here but no, they were also from Qualicum. That's still local though! Have to decide between blueberry pie or blueberry pie bars. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

5 hours ago, Ann_T said:

@FauxPas,   No, I never pick my own.   These were a good price. $10 for a 5 lb box at Great Green's Farm Market just south of Duncan.  The blueberries were from the Island, from Qualicum Beach.   Can't remember the name of the farm.  These were actually quite flavourful.  And they were quite ripe so that might have contributed to the flavour.   They were perfect for the pie. 

So you live on Vancouver Island too?

Yes, Island Girl also.  xD

Went to local farm today and bought some blueberries, I thought they were grown in Comox Valley as there are lots here but no, they were also from Qualicum. That's still local though! Have to decide between blueberry pie or blueberry pie bars.