• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Our dinner tonight was one aimed at a hot weather night. I did get and cook corn from a place I have been going to (and taken to) since before I could see out of the car windows. I do declare this to be "FCD" (first corn day). Leftover potato salad, tomatoes and cucumber salad from the garden, along with chorizo stuffed clams, from the freezer. @Shelby, our A/C is up and running, but I have been there, and feel for you. Also, if you look closely, you may spot the pickled pig ears, that I did not bring to Deb's attention, but did put on the table just cuz I wanted them there (see them just above the tomatoes and to the right of the potato salad).

HC

IMG_1391.thumb.JPG.b8ed95dddb0ed9629737014b94b0b801.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Our dinner tonight was one aimed at a hot weather night. I did get and cook corn from a place I have been going to (and taken to) since before I could see out of the car windows. I do declare this to be "FCD" (first corn day). Leftover potato salad, tomatoes and cucumber salad from the garden, along with chorizo stuffed clams, from the freezer. @Shelby, our A/C is up and running, but I have been there, and feel for you. Also, if you look closely, you may spot the pickled pig ears, that I did not bring to Deb's attention, but did put on the table just cuz I wanted them there.

HC

IMG_1391.thumb.JPG.b8ed95dddb0ed9629737014b94b0b801.JPG