• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

duck1.thumb.jpg.ada8a0d3cc40bd9ccf38b9e12fdfaf25.jpg

This afternoon, I bought some super fresh Sichuan peppercorns from  my local store. They sell these in bags of as little as 2 or 3 grams  to ensure freshness. I also picked up a duck leg. Duck is the cheapest animal protein here and, in my opinion, the tastiest. De-boned said leg and marinated the meat in Shaoxing wine, garlic, ginger, chilli and just a few of the peppercorns, which I lightly toasted, then crushed. Stir fried that, made a simple salad and served it with couscous because I was that's what I fancied..

The citrus flavoured, numbing sensation of the peppercorns rendered me speechless (literally - my mouth wouldn't work) and went so well with the duck.

duck2.thumb.jpg.366abb1b303483fdc3d9c881837a9e4d.jpg

I'll be doing that again.

liuzhou

liuzhou

This afternoon, I bought some super fresh Sichuan peppercorns from  my local store. They sell these in bags of as little as 2 or 3 grams  to ensure freshness. I also picked up a duck leg. Duck is the cheapest animal protein here and, in my opinion, the tastiest. De-boned said leg and marinated the meat in Shaoxing wine, garlic, ginger, chilli and just a few of the peppercorns. Stir fried that, made a simple salad and served it with couscous because I was that's what I fancied..

The citrus flavoured, numbing sensation of the peppercorns rendered me speechless (literally - my mouth wouldn't work) and went so well with the duck.

I'll be doing that again.

liuzhou

liuzhou

This afternoon, I bought some super fresh Sichuan peppercorns from  my local store. They sell these in bags of between 2 or 3 grams to ensure freshness. I also picked up a dug leg. Duck is the cheapest animal protein here and, in my opinion, the tastiest. De-boned said leg and marinated the meat in Shaoxing wine and garlic and ginger, chilli and just a few of the peppercorns. Stir fried that, made a simple salad and served it with couscous because I was that's what I fancied..

The citrus flavoured, numbing sensation of the peppercorns rendered my speechless (literally - my mouth wouldn't work) and went so well with the duck.