• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

I used  the last of the clams I harvested  recently for linguini with clam sauce, last night. I have found that a mixture of finely chopped cilantro,  curly parsley,  copious amounts of fresh chopped garlic, dry white wine with good olive oil makes the base for a great white clam pasta sauce. I simmer the combination together for about ten minutes, zip it up with an immersion blender, until smooth, reduce until the wine volume is halved and add chopped raw clams and bring to a simmer, putting the salted pasta water on high heat at the same time. When the pasta water is at a rolling boil, I add the pasta to it, turn up the heat of the simmering sauce and add the whole clams to that pot. The pasta is usually done at the same time the clams open up, and it is a simple matter of bringing them all together at that point.

HC

IMG_0601.thumb.JPG.9f3e2c7824ef3696e7cf3479286a4a4e.JPGIMG_0605.thumb.JPG.e7c75702e08febbb24a8f429d1bc8bfd.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

I used  the last of the clams I harvested  recently into linguini with clam sauce, last night. I have found that a mixture of finely chopped cilantro,  curly parsley,  copious amounts of fresh chopped garlic, dry white wine with good olive oil makes the base for a great white clam pasta sauce. I simmer the combination together for about ten minutes, zip it up with an immersion blender, until smooth, reduce until the wine volume is halved and add chopped raw clams and bring to a simmer, putting the salted pasta water on high heat at the same time. When the pasta water is at a rolling boil, I add the pasta to it, turn up the heat of the simmering sauce and add the whole clams to that pot. The pasta is usually done at the same time the clams open up, and it is a simple matter of bringing them all together at that point.

HC

IMG_0601.thumb.JPG.9f3e2c7824ef3696e7cf3479286a4a4e.JPGIMG_0605.thumb.JPG.e7c75702e08febbb24a8f429d1bc8bfd.JPG