• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Salisbury steak is a passion of mine and a seemingly never ending quest to get to the college cafeteria dinner level. Success in this quest has eluded me for years, yet, every so often, I launch a renewed effort. Last night was such an endeavor. This one, though somewhat admirable, has  yet to arrive at the promised land. It is an effort that, unlike the mystery meat croquet, will continue, until I get it right. The secret seems to lie in just the right combination of French onion soup, Worcestershire sauce and powdered mustard.

IMG_0234.thumb.JPG.15c59aab992065416b1e383f28331b1b.JPG

My original plan was to cook all four and serve them in a dish at the table, hence the pot holder there. The size of them, however, thwarted me into cooking just two, but the pot holder remains in the picture just to add to my pain.

HC

IMG_0236.thumb.JPG.d2576bb41c3ccb123d6a8ff13449b326.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Salisbury steak is a passion of mine and a seemingly never ending quest to get to the college cafeteria dinner level. Success in this quest has eluded me for years, yet, every so often, I launch a renewed effort. Last night was such an endeavor. This one, though somewhat admirable, has  yet to arrive at the promised land. It is a quest that, unlike the mystery meat croquet, will continue, until I get it right. The secret seems to lie in just the right combination of French onion soup, Worcestershire sauce and powdered mustard.

My original plan was to cook all four and serve them in a dish at the table, hence the pot holder there. The size of them, however, thwarted me into cooking just two, but the pot holder remains in the picture just to add to my pain.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

Salisbury steaks is a passion of mine and a seemingly never ending quest to get to the college cafeteria dinner level. Success in this quest has eluded me for years, yet, every so often, I launch a renewed effort. Last night was such an endeavor. This one, though somewhat admirable, has  yet to arrive at the promised land. It is a quest that, unlike the mystery meat croquet, will continue, until I get it right. The secret seems to lie in just the right combination of French onion soup, Worcestershire sauce and powdered mustard.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

Salisbury steaks is a passion of mine and a seemingly never ending quest to get to the college cafeteria dinner level. Success in this quest has eluded me for years, yet, every so often, I launch a renewed effort. Last night was such an endeavor. This one, though somewhat admirable, has  yet to arrive at the promised land. It is a quest that, unlike the mystery meat croquet, will continue, until I get it right.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

Salisbury steaks is a passion of mine and a seemingly never ending quest to get to the college cafeteria dinner level. Success in this quest has eluded me for years, yet, every so often, I launch a renewed effort. Last night was such an endeavor. This one, though somewhat admirable, has yet arrived at the promised land. It is a quest that, unlike the mystery meat croquet, will continue, until I get it right.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

Salisbury steaks is a passion of mine and a seemingly never ending quest to get to the college cafeteria dinner level. Success in this quest has eluded me for years, yet, every so often, I launch a renewed effort. Last night was such an endeavor. This one, though somewhat admirable, was not yet at the promised land. It is a quest that, unlike the mystery meat croquet, will continue, until I get it right.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

Salisbury steaks is a passion of mine and a seemingly never ending quest to get to the college cafeteria dinner level. Success in this quest has eluded me for years, yet, every so often, I launch a renewed effort. Last night was such an endeavor. This one, though somewhat admirable, was not yet at the promised land. It is a quest that, unlike the mystery meat croquet, will continue, until I get it right.

My original plan was to cook all four and serve them in a dish at the table, hence the pot holder on the table. The size of them, however, thwarted me into cooking just two, but the pot holder remains in the picture just to add to my pain.

HC