• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

spelling error

2 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I think it's more American than totally western.

You're right, of course. I should have been more specific. Although, the prejudice isn't limited just to North Americans. Mexicans will eat just about anything as will the Guatemalans and the Nicaraguans but the Costa Ricans are more picky. The only offal that you will find regularly on the table is tripe and tongue. All the rest is looked down upon as peasant food and even the peasants won't admit that they eat it.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

1 hour ago, liuzhou said:

I think it's more American than totally western.

You're right, of course. I should have been more specific. Although, the prejudice isn't limited just to North Americans. Mexicans will eat just about anything as will the Guatemalans and the Nicaraguans but the Costa Ricans are more picky. The only offal that you will find regularly on the table is tripe and tongue. All the rest is look down upon as peasant food and even the peasants won't admit that they eat it.