• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2018

liuzhou

9 hours ago, Anna N said:

But you shouldn’t have skipped spelling class just to play with fancy toys.😂😂😂😘

If I'd been in a spelling class I would not have graduated.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

71D02FC1-099B-4A6D-BDDE-BAE78AE37225.thumb.jpeg.14161367428a808d2b27ef3a5ea73561.jpeg

🙂Because I only have myself to please.

The last of my chicken ballotine, a hard-boiled egg and,  for dipping, some of the sauce left over from the Japanese grilled baby back ribs.  That sauce is just too good to waste.

• Like 15

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Shake N Bake (for real) with pork chops.  I usually concoct my own breading with panko and spices, but decided to give the packaged stuff a try.  I like mine better.  Made them in the BSOA.  Served with celery/carrot sticks, artichoke made in the IP with dipping butter and a glass of Lodi Zin.

shakenbake.jpg.8fdac53a3a3daea6496981e22c170696.jpg

• Like 13

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

9 minutes ago, liamsaunt said:

Some dinners from this week. 

I know I have said it before but it bears saying again - you make some of the most interesting, diverse and attractive dishes.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 8

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Guess it's dinner … or maybe breakfast as it was midnight.

Cheddar bison burger with red onion on rye.  I never eat this late at night but I was starving.

• Like 7

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

84338AE0-54F6-4AA1-B8D0-940F007C0FF6.thumb.jpeg.031d310da045a578ba71a3b5ded71d0b.jpeg

Nasu dengaku, an iconic Japanese dish. “They” said that even if you don’t like eggplant you will like this miso glazed version.  I knew I had to at least try it.   It probably won’t push ribeye off my menu anytime soon but it was tolerable.   I might even play with different variations.

I do hope @Kerry Beal doesn’t log on to this dinner thread without at least sitting down first.   She’s had more than an earful of my opinion of eggplant.

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

My 2004 eG Blog

19 minutes ago, Anna N said:

84338AE0-54F6-4AA1-B8D0-940F007C0FF6.thumb.jpeg.031d310da045a578ba71a3b5ded71d0b.jpeg

Nasu dengaku, an iconic Japanese dish. “They” said that even if you don’t like eggplant you will like this miso glazed version.  I knew I had to at least try it.   It probably won’t push ribeye off my menu anytime soon but it was tolerable.   I might even play with different variations.

I do hope @Kerry Beal doesn’t log on to this dinner thread without at least sitting down first.   She’s had more than an earful of my opinion of eggplant.

Saw the eggplant, saw that you were posting - yup - good thing I was sitting down! We'll get you eating beans yet.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

On 11/29/2018 at 6:44 PM, Anna N said:

🙂Because I only have myself to please.

The last of my chicken ballotine, a hard-boiled egg and,  for dipping, some of the sauce left over from the Japanese grilled baby back ribs.  That sauce is just too good to waste.

Can you share more details on the sauce, please?

46 minutes ago, TicTac said:

Can you share more details on the sauce, please?

Here you go.

• Like 1

My 2004 eG Blog

Love playing catch-up on posts even if it makes me so hungry!

Pickerel Hash browns, peas

2003609555_PickerelPeasandHash7756.jpg.3354be214c409f7904004e18b032fd0f.jpg

Grilled Lamb Chops, Zeroodle Fried Rice, fresh mint sauce

1611653348_LambchopsandFriedZeroodlerice7792.jpg.d3dd52a8ddf93e4f92432efcf9ea5244.jpg

Prime rib roast, Zeroodle Fettuccini

1141123134_28.11PrimeribZeroodleFettucinni7808.jpg.629bafeb8937d76608b5dc3e308c92fd.jpg

Thai Curry Coconut Chicken & Tofu

1896840249_ThaiCoconutCurryChicken7818.jpg.d0d2b763207f0c9aba2f0582176f4035.jpg

• Like 18

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

22 minutes ago, Dejah said:

Zeroodle Fried Rice

That’s basically tiny shreds of shirataki, right ? How satisfied are you with those ... can you compare it to cauliflower rice ?

Edited by Duvel (log)