• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2018

liuzhou

Venison tacos

IMG_5172.JPG.ed0eab284fe3ae201d7273dffd50e197.JPG

@kayb The cold front hit here a few hours ago bringing rain and much cooler temps.   Only going to be a high of 70 (yesterday was like 95) I've sent it on over to you ;) 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Venison tacos

IMG_5172.JPG.ed0eab284fe3ae201d7273dffd50e197.JPG

ner

@kayb The cold front hit here a few hours ago bringing rain and much cooler temps.   Only going to be a high of 70 (yesterday was like 95) I've sent it on over to you ;) 

Appreciate that. Unfortunately, I'll be trying to outrace the rain that comes with it this weekend. Headed to E. Tennessee for a funeral. Hopefully it'll still be cool into next week.

Did you send tacos, too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

31 minutes ago, scubadoo97 said:

@liamsaunt  That tuna, WOW!

Yes, it was delicious!  My husband brought it home from the farmer's market.  We are lucky to have access to really good local fish.  This particular company sells their fish with a QR code on the package that gives you information about the fish you are buying.  You can get the fisherman's name, the name of the boat, the catch method, where it is caught etc.  They sell at farmer's markets around the city as well as the Boston Public Market.  It's good stuff. 

https://www.redsbest.com/redsbest/

• Like 6

A9175ABF-C74C-47D1-A7D1-85CBA2639B64.thumb.jpeg.51aceab4e1959980e43ef462e50b672e.jpeg

Beef, celery and cabbage donburi. 

• Like 13

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

A twist in the tail.

Tonight I steamed a fish (I know what it's called in Chinese, but never found an acceptable translation. It's a white sea fish. That'll do. A bit like red drum, but maybe not.) It was dressed with garlic, ginger, red vinegar, a little sugar, white pepper and scallions. The tail fell off while I was plating it, totally ruining my artistic presentation.

With stir fried Shanghai bok choy and Thai jasmine rice.

fish2.thumb.jpg.50d3361b6b6abe9cfc5298a734fb2b63.jpg

fish1.jpg

• Like 14

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

I made this recipe last night.  I discovered after already deciding to make it that I didn't have any kale or cilantro but wanted to go ahead anyway.

I just served it over white rice and it was really fantastic, far better than I had expected  and a dish that I'll definitely make again.

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 2

@BonVivant

WoW

Im a bit interested in that chorizo.

Ive live in Spain  and chorizo their   

varies from provence to provence 

delicious all.

the choice might be regular or hot.

and they all might involve Spanish Paprika , the tastiest for me  : lightly smoked

however 

in my area 

The Americas 

their is Mexican Chorizo

very delicious , but a bit different from the Older World :

Vinegar bing a key difference.

Ive noted you enjoy traveling 

from time to time

pls consider

Spain 

set the northern areas 

perhaps starting in San Sebastian

of course 

you might conclude your trip to 

Barcelona

just saying

Say no more. Spain is probably my favourite country in Europe. I have to "force" myself to visit a new country every year as it's too tempting to keep going back to the same countries or places. Austria ticks most of the boxes as well.

5 hours ago, BonVivant said:

sk6SeeM.jpg

GT9UlxP.jpg

Based on Turkish breakfast food called Çilbir (poached eggs with yogurt). Made mine with silken tofu, home-made Laoganma and confit yolks.

ItB2YC5.jpg

Wow, just wow!  I love store bought Lao Gan Ma.  How do you make it at home.

Last night I did breakfast for dinner.  Started with a salad of romaine, Gorgonzola, pecans, apple chips and Brianna Blush wine vinaigrette (someone brought this stuff to our house for a meal recently and we loved it):

DSCN8619.JPG.620d5ca070f39dd6c6732eb1fd97aa33.JPG

Cheddar and Mozzarella omelet w/ green chile salsa (Mr. Kim’s - mine had NO salsa), French fries, crescent rolls and bacon:

DSCN8621.JPG.365d174f83f25460ecc10b8d0714b7ae.JPG

Armenian Sweet bread, toasted (bought at a local Armenian church food festival - of all the festivals that different churches and ethnic groups have here, this is our favorite):

DSCN8620.JPG.c02f3d6307eabc7fa88d33e231a50fc9.JPG

• Like 14

11 hours ago, liuzhou said:

The tail fell off while I was plating it, totally ruining my artistic presentation.

I was just about to ask you what the hell happened to the tail.  For once I  engaged my brain before putting my mouth in gear.  

• Haha 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

5FB282CB-BF2C-4CDC-833E-CBCA0464B138.thumb.jpeg.596e0cef4febc8b5a1b77e3411542665.jpeg

Ginger pork donburi with pickled celery and onion salad. 

• Like 15

My 2004 eG Blog

4 hours ago, Anna N said:

I was just about to ask you what the hell happened to the tail.  For once I  engaged my brain before putting my mouth in gear.  

Here he is pre-cooking - with tail.

fish.thumb.jpg.a862e4fa6cb191be64fdd1038e42376b.jpg

Edited by liuzhou
edited and rotated image (log)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

SO much good food! Loved going through each of the meals.

Today, First day of autumn, as of 8 pm...It started with a drizzle of rain, and by 3 pm, driving sleet that turned into snow flakes! Temperature has dipped down to the -4 celcius mark.
Turned on the oven today with a small boneless leg of lamb. Couldn't decide whether it'd be rosemary or cumin lamb. Finally marinated the lamb with whole grain mustard and rosemary (bush rescued from the snow!) and roasted potatoes with butter and cumin!
                                              233770415_LambandCuminTaters6502.jpg.57217cabd26c973d1cabb0da5d7ad904.jpg

There is so much garden clean-up to do this time of the year. Instant Pot comes into play -  Thai Red Curry beef "Stew" Threw in potatoes, carrot, and celery for the veg to avoid using another pot.
                                             1863302224_ThaiRedCurryBeefStew6479.jpg.ef45a1184bc6b51359c424b43c57a824.jpg

A good friend just came out of the hospital and had been on a liquid diet prior to a procedure. She is ready to eat real food again, so I made her one of her favourites...wonton soup

932846321_WontonSoup6450.jpg.9a031d1a0cc23c19ec31cef1c88f0c73.jpg

Had lots of pork, shrimp, waterchestnut filling left over. Added diced shitaki mushrooms and Chinese sausage, and steamed it for supper.

1920435635_SteamedGroundPork6452.jpg.f9d2f82ada20bf9a41c7c1de3d9ddd35.jpg

• Like 15
  • Delicious 2

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com