• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2018

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, TicTac said:

Who has abducted our gourmand formerly known as mm84321!?  ;)

My thoughts exactly!xD

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Went into town on my way to work and picked up some fresh ground chuck from a  local butcher.

I wanted something simple to make that didn't interfere with watching the Oscars.

5a9d67e8d684b_GrilledBurgersMarch4th2018.thumb.jpg.10b83e3298344177712711cf5d98adbf.jpg

What is more simple than grilled burgers.  1/2 pounders.

5a9d6802ab01b_GrilledBurgersMarch4th20181.thumb.jpg.b8f1d37764793aa2d0c7ea1a580a2a9b.jpg

Served on store bought jumbo Kaisers. 

• Like 17
  • Delicious 4

1 hour ago, gfweb said:

I have read that Daniel Boulud likes McNuggets.

So do I. @mm84321 may not be Jekyll and Hyde but I’m beginning to suspect Paula Dean and Thomas Keller. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

After an epic fail at making  Cornish pasties I found myself with some leftover vegetables and meat. I cooked the leftover potatoes, rutabaga and onions together then mashed them with some butter. I browned the leftover beef, deglazed with some white wine then added some vegetable stock and simmered slowly for about half an hour and snatched victory from defeat.

@Chufi where oh where are you? You are so missed. 

My version of stamppot:

F9555BD5-2800-4729-B357-3CE16FDA420E.thumb.jpeg.85b6f136d7288315a5edd0c41149d61b.jpeg

Who needs Cornish pasties?

• Like 13

My 2004 eG Blog

Beetroot marinated and breaded tempeh surrounded by seasoned fried eggs on all sides.

P1rkEc5.jpg

Quinoa, minced cauliflower and red cabbage kimchi. (I don't want/like rice.)

yrsGoyi.jpg

Gochujang and sesame oil for dipping. That's 1 of my 3 knifves bought at the fish market in Busan, Korea.

5ZU6XGZ.jpg

pIG5Lie.jpg

• Like 15

Dinner was a flat iron steak marinated in Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and mustard then grilled.  The baked potato had toppings left over from tacos the other night and strawberry pie. A friend said it looked like a pie she made in the 60's and 70's and it does look like something from that time. Ingredients included jello and fresh strawberries. 

20180305_170353.jpg

20180305_171826.jpg

Edited by Norm Matthews (log)
  • Like 13
  • Delicious 1

51 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Potstickers with various dipping sauces.

006.thumb.jpg.b8c936ca34dd8092c9e060e88ec456d7.jpg

Don’t make your own dough? 

Potstickers are my last meal on earth dish BUT has to be homemade dough.  Just say’n.  Or:o perhaps they are purchased ps’s?

43 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Don’t make your own dough? 

Potstickers are my last meal on earth dish BUT has to be homemade dough.  Just say’n.  Or:o perhaps they are purchased ps’s?

Purchased square wrappers that I cut to round MYSELF...so that counts. Home made everything else :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gfweb said:

Purchased square wrappers that I cut to round MYSELF...so that counts. Home made everything else :D

Hummm, just asking, have you made  your own dough?   So superior.

Edited by Okanagancook (log)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Okanagancook said:

Hummm, just asking, have you make your own dough?   So superior.

I'm never happy when I make my own dough for potstickers. Perhaps I should try again. My last fail was a while ago. ...