• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2018

liuzhou

Seafood for Valentine's Day

IMG_4113.jpg.a13e5cedb597f31df654a892ec66e997.jpg

Then I decided to drag my pasta maker out.  It always goes so much faster than I imagine and then I always wonder why I don't make pasta more often.  OH and I got a new toy.  Before I had pasta hanging all over the kitchen on hangers and a yard stick etc.  This was MUCH easier.

IMG_4127.JPG.07839a0adefd077801db85a9e1eeeaeb.JPG

IMG_4128.JPG.bc29c05d1fdc8a5e9f4788802a2f859a.JPG

• Like 20
  • Delicious 2

DACF3BD2-271A-4E29-B1DB-7375290C3CED.thumb.jpeg.2a1f140e9e8a5905635ec175e42ce7ab.jpeg

Canned sockeye salmon flavoured with lemon juice and pepper, Campari tomato halves and Triscuit crackers. 

• Like 17

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

While getting ready with the in-laws to see the Chinese New Year parade in Kowloon, my four year-old decided that he rather stay at home and play O.o

I volunteered to stay with him which prompted him to declare it a "papa & son" evening, meaning home-made pizza and a movie (after extensive Lego playtime, of course) were expected ...

Having no dough at hand, I improvised with quick "naan"-style  flour/yoghurt/baking powder mix, flattened and grilled in a screaming hot griddle pan. Topped with a puréed tomato and mushroom/salami and gratinated in a hot oven.

Together with "Shrek" exactly what he wanted and a very relaxed CNY day :D

Xin Nian Kuai Le !

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

Edited by Duvel (log)
  • Like 23

@Duvel

Great story. Your son is lucky boy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

with lots of salmon trimmings in the freezer and a head of savoy cabbage in the fridge, dinner was an easy decision: a variation of the french classic "choux farci".  my last meyer lemons were turned into a sauce to give this dish a fresh twist 

IMG_1238.JPG

• Like 19
  • Delicious 2

Wow, @ninagluck, so nice to see you’re back with your incredibly inspiring dishes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My 2004 eG Blog

Just now, scubadoo97 said:

@ninagluck  I want to know more about the filling.  Looks delicious 

And I want to know more about the sauce, for the same reason!  Welcome back. 

• Like 3

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

CDA0F1ED-F546-4082-9BF7-BCC5D9A88D0B.thumb.jpeg.ddaf62226b2bd65f68b6adc6f54b445a.jpeg

Breaded pork tenderloin left over from lunch on a bed of wheat berries and various inclusions. 

• Like 17
  • Delicious 2

My 2004 eG Blog

5 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Love wheat berries!  Especially good with mushrooms.

I tossed everything but the kitchen sink in there including some sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, etc. 

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog