• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

11 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Well, that's a sweet little unit!  We have an electric Bradley which is the Canadian built version of the one they have on the Masterbilt website.  Ours is also easy to use.  Digital and you can set the temperature and time.  Various kinds of wood pucks are available.  Actually we are on our second one...the first one wore out and the new one has automatic controls.  I was looking at some of the reviews on that website and comments about cleaning baffle me.....one doesn't 'clean' a smoker.....mission impossible. :-))

Smoke on.....

We had a Bradley also, but it developed trouble with that puck dropping mechanism.  I had to go out and manually drop the pucks.  Other than that, it was a great machine.  I did a lot of bacon in it.

Edited to add:  everything is better with bacon.

ElsieD

ElsieD

9 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Well, that's a sweet little unit!  We have an electric Bradley which is the Canadian built version of the one they have on the Masterbilt website.  Ours is also easy to use.  Digital and you can set the temperature and time.  Various kinds of wood pucks are available.  Actually we are on our second one...the first one wore out and the new one has automatic controls.  I was looking at some of the reviews on that website and comments about cleaning baffle me.....one doesn't 'clean' a smoker.....mission impossible. :-))

Smoke on.....

We had a Bradley also, but it developed trouble with that puck dropping mechanism.  I had to go out and manually drop the pucks.  Other than that, it was a great machine.  I did a lot of bacon in it.