• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

27 minutes ago, CanadianHomeChef said:

Only shallow fried in it. Worked well. It's the best electronic wok I've ever used. It gets the heat up the side of the walls nicely. I'm just discovering that my newest toy can replace a lot of my old appliances, so I'm making a mental list of things to sell in my head :)

Would it work for deep frying?  I keep looking at them as I would like to have something I can deep fry in on my balcony.  They wouldn't take as much oil and it's not like I want to deep fry whole turkeys.  Just some chicken wings, donuts, fries, that sort of thing.

ElsieD

ElsieD

24 minutes ago, CanadianHomeChef said:

Only shallow fried in it. Worked well. It's the best electronic wok I've ever used. It gets the heat up the side of the walls nicely. I'm just discovering that my newest toy can replace a lot of my old appliances, so I'm making a mental list of things to sell in my head :)

Would it work for deep frying?  I keep looking at them as I would like to have something I can deep fry in on my balcony.  They wouldn't take as much oil and it's not like I want to deep fry whole turkeys.  Just some chicken wings, donuts, fries, that sort of thing.