• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I went to the store to get some ingredients for a recipe I wanted to try and to look for something for dinner.  The recipe looked good but I make cake so seldom that I can't tell a good recipe from a gimmicky one apparently.  The cake was Cherry Dr. Pepper Chocolate cake with icing made with butter and powdered sugar.  I didn't care for it and neither did Charlie.  But they had some meaty ham shanks and I cooked those with navy beans, carrots and baby bok choy.  Charlie had thirds on that.  I always forget to make corn bread with it. 

20180525_132442.jpg20180525_164749.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I went to the store to get some ingredients for a recipe I wanted to try and to look for something for dinner.  The recipe looked good but I make cake so seldom that I can't tell a good recipe from a gimmicky one apparently.  The cake was Cherry Dr. Pepper Chocolate cake with icing made with butter and powdered sugar.  I didn't care for it and neither did Charlie.  But they had some meaty ham shanks and I cooked those with navy beans, carrots and baby bok choy.  Charlie had thirds on that.  I always forget to make corned bread with it. 

20180525_132442.jpg20180525_164749.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I went to the store to get some ingredients for a recipe I wanted to try and to look for something for dinner.  The recipe looked good but I make cake so seldom that I can't tell a good recipe from a gimmicky one apparently.  The cake was Cherry Dr. Pepper Chocolate cake with icing made with butter and powdered sugar.  I didn't care for it and neither did Charlie.  But they had some meaty ham shanks and I cooked those with navy beans, carrots and baby bok choy.  Charlie had thirds on that.  I always forget to make corned bread with it. 

20180525_132442.jpg

20180525_164749.jpg