• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie and I went to Costco last week and because the weather had been so nice I got a brisket for the smoker and Charlie washed his car.  It was cold and rainy for the next 5 days but today was perfect for running the smoker. I cut the point off the brisket and just smoked that part.  The flat is in the freezer until another time.  The brisket took 10 hours to reach 200 degrees, and came out wonderful.  The only thing I am not completely happy with is I could not tell where the grain ran after it came out and I sliced it with the grain instead of against it.  Except for the corn, all the other sides were store bought.  The corn was cooked on the grill before being cut off the cob and reheated at serving time with salt, pepper, honey, butter and a little evaporated milk.  The carrots were pickled with dill. 

20180522_084509.jpg

20180522_123631.jpg

20180522_184839.jpg

20180522_185437.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie and I went to Costco last week and because the weather had been so nice I got a brisket for the smoker and Charlie washed his car.  It was cold and rainy for the next 5 days but today was perfect for running the smoker. I cut the point off the brisket and just smoked that part.  The flat is in the freezer until another time.  The brisket took 10 hours and came out wonderful.  The only thing I am not completely happy with is I could not tell where the grain ran after it came out and I sliced it with the grain instead of against it.  Except for the corn, all the other sides were store bought.  The corn was cooked on the grill before being cut off the cob and reheated at serving time with salt, pepper, honey, butter and a little evaporated milk.  The carrots were pickled with dill. 

20180522_084509.jpg

20180522_123631.jpg

20180522_184839.jpg

20180522_185437.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie and I went to Costco last week and because the weather had been so nice I got a brisket for the smoker and Charlie washed his car.  It was cold and rainy for the next 5 days but today was perfect for running the smoker. I cut the point off the brisket and just smoked that part.  The flat is in the freezer until another time.  The brisket to 10 hours and came out wonderful.  The only thing I am not completely happy with is I could not tell where the grain ran after it came out and I sliced it with the grain instead of against it.  Except for the corn, all the other sides were store bought.  The corn was cooked on the grill before being cut off the cob and reheated as serving time with salt, pepper, honey, butter and a little evaporated milk.  The carrots were pickled with dill. 

20180522_084509.jpg

20180522_123631.jpg

20180522_184839.jpg

20180522_185437.jpg