• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

22 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@gulfporter  is there a recipe somewhere for that soup?  It looks like something we would enjoy once we get local tomatoes.  Sadly, that won't happen until August but It's good to be prepared!

I used this one, more or less.  Stayed with it for the amounts of mango, tomato, onion and red bell pepper.  Subbed a serrano for the jalapeno (we like heat).  Skipped the OJ and lime juice and subbed a bit of cider vinegar (to taste)....the mango added a lot of sweetness and vinegar seemed a better acid.  Instead of cilantro, I used fresh basil and mint, mostly because I didn't want it to be too similar to a standard red gazpacho.

https://www.mygourmetconnection.com/mango-gazpacho-soup/

Edit:  Made it early in morning to let flavor meld all day.  Took it out of fridge 10 minutes before serving to take a bit of the chill off and loosen a bit. 

gulfporter

gulfporter

2 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@gulfporter  is there a recipe somewhere for that soup?  It looks like something we would enjoy once we get local tomatoes.  Sadly, that won't happen until August but It's good to be prepared!

I used this one, more or less.  Stayed with it for the amounts of mango, tomato, onion and red bell pepper.  Subbed a serrano for the jalapeno (we like heat).  Skipped the OJ and lime juice and subbed a bit of cider vinegar (to taste)....the mango added a lot of sweetness and vinegar seemed a better acid.  Instead of cilantro, I used fresh basil and mint, mostly because I didn't want it to be too similar to a standard red gazpacho.

https://www.mygourmetconnection.com/mango-gazpacho-soup/