• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IowaDee

IowaDee

LOL,  I'd bet money that I"m the only person here that gets this jingle stuck in their head.

"Sam Parraconi  pack his oranges in a bag"    It goes on for several more verses but that is

the jest of it.  As a newly minted Girl Scout, I went with my troop to a radio show and that

was one of the commercials.  

The other one wasn't food related but just as strange. "Bandini is the word for steer manure"  I

think it was one of the first companies to bag it up and sell it.  Citified shit so to speak.

I was a big fan of Rice a Roni for years.  And now I want some!

IowaDee

IowaDee

LOL,  I'd bet money that I"m the only person here that gets this jingle stuck in their head.

"Sam Parraconi  pack his oranges in a bag"    It goes on for several more verses but that is

the jest of it.  As a newly minted Girl Scout, I went with my troop to a radio show and that

was one of the commercials.  

The other one wasn't food related but just as strange. "Bandini is the word for cow manure"  I

think it was one of the first companies to bag it up and sell it.  Citified shit so to speak.

I was a big fan of Rice a Roni for years.  And now I want some!