• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Pork cutlets, apple sauce, boiled potatoes and fresh, wild, flower shiitake (生鲜花菇 shēng xiān huā gū).

dinner.thumb.jpg.42a3c739ead46318f2623bcac5bc91bf.jpg

The apple sauce was the prime motivator for the dish as a friend sent me a gift of 50 apples from her in-laws' orchard. Trying every way to get through them.

The flower shiitake were de-stemmed  and drizzled with olive oil on the gill side, treated to a few grains of sea salt, left to sit for ten minutes, then microwaved on full power for one minute.

shiitake.thumb.jpg.6e4068dd7ac6ee1982c36abe1151faf5.jpg

Fresh flower shiitake before cooking

liuzhou

liuzhou

Pork cutlets, apple sauce, boiled potatoes and fresh, wild, flower shiitake (生鲜花菇 shēng xiān huā gū).

The apple sauce was the prime motivator for the dish as a friend sent me a gift of 50 apples from her in-laws' orchard. Trying every way to get through them.

The flower shiitake were de-stemmed  and drizzled on the gill side, few grains of sea salt, left to sit for ten minutes, then microwaved on full power for one minute.

liuzhou

liuzhou

The apple sauce was the prime motivator for the dish as a friend sent me a gift of 50 apples from her in-laws orchard. Trying every way to get through them.

The flower shiitake were de-stemmed  and drizzled on the gill side, few grains of sea salt, left to sit for ten minutes, then microwaved on full power for one minute.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Pork cutlets, apple sauce, boiled potatoes and fresh wild flower shiitake (生鲜花菇 shēng xiān huā gū).

The apple sauce was the prime motivator for the dish as a friend sent me a gift of 50 apples from her in-laws orchard. Trying every way to get through them.