• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

I picked up a packet of premade honey and mint Koftas the other day, I know I'll hand back my card soon.

Reasons were multiple, one -I have lost my motivation, two I adore lamb and three who isn't a sucker for a meat lollipop. Ahem.

Fourth reasoning was that at 7.50 AUD for 450g (when lamb mince retails at about $13 per kg (in the big town at least) with all the 'hard' work done, it seemed like a good deal.  

Yeah so. They were welded to the packet perfectly so that the sticks ripped straight out of half of them and the other half, those that were painstakingly  removed whole, had the sticks poking out at all kinds of angles. 

So I had to remake them all anyway. 

And the final insult was that the sticks had no kind of water treatment so, there were spot fires.

You might think I would at least go to the effort of prettying up my store bought cheaters. You would be wrong. 

Kofta

20180313_182341.thumb.jpg.8a4f5c163d62555f76bc70cea27e85b4.jpg

Looking exactly how I feel about them. :D

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

I picked up a packet of premade honey and mint Koftas the other day, I know I'll hand back my card soon.

Reasons were multiple, one -I have lost my motivation, two I adore lamb and three who isn't a sucker for a meat lollipop. Ahem.

Fourth reasoning was that at 7.50 AUD for 450g (when lamb mince retails at about $13 per kg (in the big town at least) with all the 'hard' work done, it seemed like a good deal.  

Yeah so. They were welded to the packet perfectly so that the sticks ripped straight out of half of them and the other half, those that were painstakingly  removed whole, had the sticks poking out at all kinds of angles. 

And the final insult was that the sticks had no kind of water treatment so, there were spot fires.

You might think I would at least go to the effort of prettying up my store bought cheaters. You would be wrong. 

Kofta20180313_182341.thumb.jpg.8a4f5c163d62555f76bc70cea27e85b4.jpg

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

You might think I would at least go to the effort of prettying it up my store bought cheaters. You would be wrong. 

Kofta20180313_182341.thumb.jpg.8a4f5c163d62555f76bc70cea27e85b4.jpg