• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

23 minutes ago, cakewalk said:

Okay, we need to know more about that crust. I've seen a lot of cauliflower pizza crusts around the web but they don't look too hot to me. But that zucchini crust actually looks like it could stand up to its toppings. Can you tell us what you do?

I grated in a food processor 2 zucchinis.  pre-salt  15 mins or so./  squeezed the heck out of them in a tea towel about 30 mins later/ then changed the tea towel. to a dry one and placed on a tray and pressed with heavy cans for about 4 hrs..to really dry it out.

Then in a bowl I added the shred/ then asigo cheese about 2/3 C/ followed by almond flour/ garlic and Basil and then  spread it on parchment..Par baked 20 minas @475 in Bottom of oven on a stone

After the dress I moved the Pizza stone to top of oven to finish

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

18 minutes ago, cakewalk said:

Okay, we need to know more about that crust. I've seen a lot of cauliflower pizza crusts around the web but they don't look too hot to me. But that zucchini crust actually looks like it could stand up to its toppings. Can you tell us what you do?

I grated in a food processor 2 zucchinis.  pre-salt  15 mins or so./  squeezed the heck out of them in a tea towel about 30 mins later/ then changed the tea towel. to a dry one and placed on a tray and pressed with heavy cans for about 4 hrs..to really dry it out.

Then in a bowl I added the shred/ then asigo cheese about 2/3 C/ followed by almond flour and spred it on parchment..Par baked 20 minas @475