• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Corrected spelling of Liuzhou's name.

21 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I winged it.  I LOVE this brand/kind of broth and I stock up on it when I get to the Asian market.

IMG_4107.JPG.8e8856a7b174bdc51d1c4dc941f6b7ca.JPG

I've spent the time to make my own Pho broth--but it takes a long time and this tastes just as good (or better).  So, I get my cast iron screaming hot and sear the pork belly all around and then throw it in the pressure cooker with a can of this broth.  50 mins on high.  Natural release.  Then top with whatever veggies you have and a squirt or two of sriracha :)   Oh and noodles....rice noodles are what I usually use.  

I'm back at the Asian store today.  I am bringing my tablet as Liuzhou sent me a picture of an ingredient I should be looking for and I'll have yours then as well.  I want to try to make laksa.  Ever try that?

ElsieD

ElsieD

7 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I winged it.  I LOVE this brand/kind of broth and I stock up on it when I get to the Asian market.

IMG_4107.JPG.8e8856a7b174bdc51d1c4dc941f6b7ca.JPG

I've spent the time to make my own Pho broth--but it takes a long time and this tastes just as good (or better).  So, I get my cast iron screaming hot and sear the pork belly all around and then throw it in the pressure cooker with a can of this broth.  50 mins on high.  Natural release.  Then top with whatever veggies you have and a squirt or two of sriracha :)   Oh and noodles....rice noodles are what I usually use.  

I'm back at the Asian store today.  I am bringing my tablet as Liouzou sent me a picture of an ingredient I should be looking for and I'll have yours then as well.  I want to try to make laksa.  Ever try that?