• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Formating error

Thank you @heidih for the wonderful thread to okonomiyaki. (Do we have threads here for everything?) Being fairly new to eGullet I'm learning something new all the time and the more I learn the more I am glad I joined. I am about three-quarters of the way through the thread and I am in love with okonomiyaki. If I can pull this off, it will be my new alternative to frittata as a clean the fridge option. Since the topic was started in about 2003, many of the links have disappeared but I kept clicking on them just to see what would come up. I finally found one receipe that not only was a wealth of information, it gave a lot of tips for people that couldn't find the necessary ingredients such as tenkasu. I also learned that nagaimo is actually taro root which I can get here in my little local Feria (Farmers Market). As for the sauce and the mayonnaise, those I can make. Thank you, @kayb I will give the recipe that you gave me a try. Now all I have to do is go into San Jose to my favorite Chinese store and see if I can find the Dashi and I am all set to try this.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Thank you @heidih for the wonderful thread to okonomiyaki. (Do we have threads here for everything?) Being fairly new to eGullet I'm learning something new all the time and the more I learn the more I am glad I joined. I am about three-quarters of the way through the thread and I am in love with okonomiyaki. If I can pull this off, it will be my new alternative to frittata as a clean the fridge option. Since the topic was started in about 2003, many of the links have disappeared but I kept clicking on them just to see what would come up. I finally found one receipe that not only was a wealth of information, it gave a lot of tips for people that couldn't find the necessary ingredients such as tenkasu. I also learned that nagaimo is actually taro root which I can get here in my little local Feria (Farmers Market). As for the sauce and the mayonnaise, those I can make. Thank you, @kayb I will give the recipe that you gave me a try. Now all I have to do is go into San Jose to my favorite Chinese store and see if I can find the Dashi and I am all set to try this.