• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

1 hour ago, gfweb said:

I use my android Note 4 smartphone and take a low angled shot. No flash. Then use microsoft picture to crop and occasionally fiddle with contrast.  I'd love to know what @Ann_T uses

Gfweb,  I retired my camera over three years ago when I traded in my iphone, which I never used for photos,  for a Samsung.  Galaxy S5.   It is almost four years old and I have been debating trading it in for a new model, but I love the camera on this phone so I think I will keep it until it no longer works.   

At this time of year when it is dark and dreary, I take most of my photos in the same spot where I have an LED desk lamp set up.  Once we have more day light I will take photos outside again.   I have a piece of granite set up on our deck that I take photos of our Boards on and I take food photos there too. 

Ann_T

Ann_T

12 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I use my android Note 4 smartphone and take a low angled shot. No flash. Then use microsoft picture to crop and occasionally fiddle with contrast.  I'd love to know what @Ann_T uses

Gfweb,  I retired my camera over three years ago when I traded in my iphone, which I never used for photos,  for a Samsung.  Galaxy S5.   It is almost four years old and I have been debating trading it in for a new model, but I love the camera on this phone so I think I will keep it until it no longer works.   

A this time of year when it is dark and dreary, I take most of my photos in the same spot where I have an LED desk lamp set up.  Once we have more day light I will take photos outside again.   I have a piece of granite set up on our deck that I take photos of our Boards on and I take food photos there too.