• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Yesterday, I had a frustrating, annoying day. A meeting I had set up and spent hours planning was cancelled with no reason given, ten minutes before it was due to start. I was on my way when I got a text message saying "Cancelled" and nothing else.

Earlier, I had bought some pork intending to stir fry it with some black fermented beans, chilli and Sichuan peppercorns etc , but, when it was time to cook, I was in a foul mood, thought of going out to eat but it was miserable weather,  so I  ended up just cutting the pork into sort-of-cutlets and frying them. With boiled spuds and wilted garland chrysanthemum greens.

pork1.thumb.jpg.3ab1af3370e0ba0c1eb061ba19d91d24.jpg

Then I felt better. But I'm still waiting for an explanation or apology or reschedule. I love my work, but sometimes I have to deal with a**holes. (Sorry, but there is no other word.)

pork2.thumb.jpg.672d1bb16a054f327f35abc1216e8de3.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Yesterday, I had a frustrating, annoying day. A meeting I had set up and spent hours planning got was cancelled with no reason given , ten minutes before it was due to start. I was on my way when I got a text message saying "Cancelled" and nothing else.

Earlier, I had bought some pork intending to stir fry it with some black fermented beans, chilli and Sichuan peppercorns etc , but, when it was time to cook, I was in a foul mood, thought of going out to eat but it was miserable weather,  so I  ended up just cutting the pork into sort-of-cutlets and frying them. With boiled spuds and wilted garland chrysanthemum greens.

pork1.thumb.jpg.3ab1af3370e0ba0c1eb061ba19d91d24.jpg

Then I felt better. But I'm still waiting for an explanation or apology or reschedule. I love my work, but sometimes I have to deal with a**holes. (Sorry, but there is no other word.)

pork2.thumb.jpg.672d1bb16a054f327f35abc1216e8de3.jpg