• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

How I respond to under-priced items depends on the store. I regularly shop 14 different Goodwill thrift stores in two different management regions. They quite often put out broken items, like a bowl with a major chip going down the side of the bowl priced as if they were in perfect working order. I know of their claim of being a charitable rehabilitation institution  but they have turned into (IMHO) a corrupt big business. For those stores, if I found a $100 gold piece priced for $0.50, I'd give them $0.50.

Porthos

Porthos

How I respond to under-priced items depends on the store. I regularly shop 14 different Goodwill thrift stores in two different management regions. They quite often put out broken items, like a bowl with a major chip going down the side of the bowl priced as if they were in perfect working order. I know of their claim of being a charitable rehabilitation institution  but they have turned into big business. For those stores, if I found a $100 gold piece priced for $0.50, I'd give them $0.50.

Porthos

Porthos

How I respond to under-priced items depends on the store. I regularly shop 14 different Goodwill thrift stores in two different management regions. They quite often put out broken items, like a bowl with a major chip going down the side of the bowl. I know of their claim of being a charitable rehabilitation institution  but they have turned into big business. For those stores, if I found a $100 gold piece priced for $0.50, I'd give them $0.50.